Friday, October 5, 2012

I believe I shall see the goodness of the Lord

Yesterday was, on the Catholic calendar, the Memorial of St. Francis of Assisi. Volumes have been written about this holy and inspirational man, so I won't reinvent the wheel in this space. I will direct you to a few sites with information about his life and teachings.

The St. Francis statue in our backyard was a gift to Mr. Neoclassic

The words of St. Francis have always spoken to Mr. Neoclassic in a special way. The messages of inner peace and beauty/ solace in nature are themes that resound in Mr. Neoclassic's soul. Maybe he longs for more of those due to his harried, crazy work environment, or just maybe he connects with them because he enjoys simple out of doors experiences like gardening. For the record, though, he admits to liking the niceties of life, like air conditioning and shelter.

Many of St. Francis' writings and teachings are applicable to our lives each day. Our family favorites are:

Preach the Gospel always and, when necessary, use words.


The deeds you do may be the only sermon some persons will hear today.


Simple but very powerful and very true words.  I think I want the second quote hung (or painted) above the frame of the front door.  It would be the last thing we'd see as we leave to interact with the world.

1 comment:

I thank you for visiting with me and for sharing your thoughts. I hope your day is fabulous and that you make some time for music - no matter what kind!